Home >> About Lane >> Faculty Positions
The Office of Academic Affairs at Lane College is seeking permanent faculty members for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Vacancies are available in the following areas:
Music & Band Director
Appointments begin August 2014. Responsibilities include teaching 4-5 classes (12-15 hours) each semester, advising, and participating in departmental activities. Minimum qualifications include a Masterís degree; PhD preferred. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Blackboard and utilize innovative modalities for delivering course content.
Lane College is a Charter Member of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF). To apply, please submit the following: letter of application; curriculum vitae; three (3) professional letters of recommendation with at least two addressing teaching abilities; and graduate transcripts (unofficial copies acceptable with application).
Electronic applications are preferred and should be sent to:
Dr. Michelle Curtain
Interim Vice President for Academic Affairs
545 Lane Avenue
Jackson, Tennessee 38301
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Last updated: July 2, 2014
Band Director/ ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/ Instructor of Music
Lane College invites applications for an Instructor of Music position to also serve as Band Director. Appointments begin July 2014. The successful candidate will direct marching and concert band, maintain and manage band instruments and equipments, teach courses in instrumental methods and materials, band techniques, and applied brass/woodwind/percussion at the undergraduate level. Additional duties may include teaching music appreciation courses and participating in departmental and college affairs such as serving in committees, advising and recruiting.
Minimum qualifications include MA or MFA; Doctorate preferred. Previous college level teaching strongly desired. Lane College is a Charter Member of the United Negro College Fund (UNCF). To apply, please submit: letter of application; curriculum vitae; contact information from three (3) professional references with at least two addressing teaching abilities; and graduate transcripts (copies acceptable with application). Applications should be sent to Dr. Deborah Buchanan, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Lane College, 545 Lane Avenue, Jackson, Tennessee 38301, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Job Title: Head Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Director of Athletics
Supervises: Assistant Athletic Trainers
Student Athletic Trainers
Develop, coordinate and administer a comprehensive sports medical program for the collegesí intercollegiate sports. The head athletic trainer will also perform professional and administrative services essential for the successful implementation and development of the program.
- Develop overall sports medicine program for the College, including: injury prevention programs, injury evaluations, injury management, injury treatment and rehabilitation, educational programs and counseling for student-athletes
- Provide athletic training services for the Collegesí athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team practices and home and away competitions as necessary
- Coordinate and schedule physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability to practice and compete
- Responsible for the formation of the Collegesí athletic training staff, including hiring, training and supervision of assistant/associate athletic trainers, graduate assistant athletic trainers and student athletic trainers
- Work in conjunction with the strength and conditioning staff to ensure safety in the design and implementation of fitness, nutrition and conditioning programs customized to meet individual student-athlete needs
- Schedule and coordinate athletic training staff and students for coverage of all team practices and athletic competitions
- Recordkeeping and documentation
- Bachelorís degree in appropriate area of specialization and 4 Ė 5 years professional experience. Masterís degree preferred, 2 Ė 3 years professional experience
- Current Emergency Cardiac Care Certification
- Ability to interpret and apply the collegesí athletic department rules and policies
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Display strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Effectively communicate with students, coaches, supervisors, physicians and others
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainersí Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)
- State Athletic Training Licensure
- Familiarity with NCAA governing rules
This position requires travel with teams to athletic competitions, including overnight and out of state trips. It requires flexibility in scheduling and evening and/or weekend hours. Applications should be sent to Ms. Penny Minter, Interim Athletic Director, Lane College, 545 Lane Avenue, Jackson, TN 38301, email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
ASSISTANT MENíS BASKETBALL COACH
Lane College invites applications for Assistant Menís Basketball Coach. The successful candidate will assist in providing leadership and management functions to produce a quality intercollegiate team that represents a commitment to excellence both academically and athletically and managing all aspects of the menís basketball program including player recruitment, travel arrangements, equipment and uniform purchases, athlete academic success and eligibility, and facilities/court reservations.
Minimum qualifications include: Bachelorís degree required. Knowledge of National College Athletic Association (Division II rules and regulations). Prior collegiate coaching experience. Valid driverís license required. Lane College is a charter member of The United Negro College Fund (UNCF). Applications should be sent to Ms. Penny Minter, Interim Athletic Director, Lane College, 545 Lane Avenue, Jackson, TN 38301, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.