Home >> About Lane >> Staff Positions
Exciting Job Opportunities
Position Title:Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Lane College invites applications and nominations for the position of Assistant Director of Financial Aid. The College seeks a person with good communication skills and detailed oriented who will provide strong leadership and exemplary customer service. Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director will be responsible for the daily operations of the Financial Aid Office to include supervision and training of personnel, administrative responsibility of special programs, evaluation and awarding of student financial aid, advising and counseling students and parents, and direct over sight for SAP. The successful candidate will possess a master's degree and four years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor's degree and six years of appropriate experience. Experience with CAMS is a plus. Apply online at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through June 15, 2015.
Director of Upward Bound (UB) Program
- Assume overall leadership and responsibilities for the organization and administration of the Lane College Upward Bound Program.
- Interview and recommend UB teachers, Counselor and staff members to the immediate supervisor.
- Prepare and electronically submit the comprehensive UB Annual Performance Report to the Department of Education. This report requires the academic progress of each UB student from the time of entry into the program and continue to track students with a postsecondary cohort for six year after graduating from high school.
- Maintain cordial relationships with the public school systems in five participating counties.
- Supervise UB budget via requisitions and purchase orders in keeping with the requirements of the College.
- Develop and submit continuous successful Upward Bound proposals every five years.
- Retain membership in the Council for Opportunity in Education, the organization that lobbies the US House and Senate on behalf of the TRIO Programs and Student Financial Aid.
- Establish an excellent relationship with the College administration, faculty, target school personnel and UB students.
- Make semi-annual reports to the immediate campus supervisor.
- Attend state, regional and national TRIO meetings to keep abreast of the political dynamics regarding the TRIO program funding. Also to keep informed of programmatic and professional development workshops sponsored by the Department of Education.
- Recruit, interview and select 90 low-income, first generation students in grades 9 through 11.
- Provide a six-week summer residential pre-college academic experience for all participants.
- Provide a 20-week Saturday follow-up academic program for 90 eligible UB students.
A minimum of a Master's Degree and experience in working with low-income, first generation students. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
DIRECTOR OF TEACHER EDUCATION
Reports to: Vice President of Academic Affairs
SALARY Based on experience.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL - TIME
Lane College is seeking to fill the position of Director of Teacher Education for the Teacher Education Department. The Director of Teacher Education is the academic and administrative leader for the Department of Teacher Education for the College, and is primarily responsible for the administrative and academic components. The Director provides leadership/management and coordination for academic activities in the education department.
Masters of Education with a Certified Teacher’s License in a content area and/ or specialty area such as, Special Education or related discipline.
Experience teaching in public, undergraduate and/ or graduate programs at an accredited school system, college and /or university.Current knowledge of research and trends in teacher preparation and/or school leadership preparation.
Experience in assessment and accreditation (i.e., NCATE/CAEP)
Demonstrated record of organizational leadership in developing, managing, and sustaining excellence in higher education programs.
Successful experience in fostering relationships among students, faculty, and external constituents.
A complete application will include a cover letter, which focuses on your qualifications and interests, a resume, unofficial transcripts, and a list of three professional references. References will only be contacted prior to candidate interviews.
This position is expected to begin on July 1, 2015.
SPECIAL PROJECTS DIRECTOR
Position: Special Projects Director
Reports Directly to: Chief of Staff
The Special Projects Director will manage and coordinate career development and special projects. The position requires strategic skills to help create and implement initiatives and the highest level of student service expertise. This position will have a high level of interaction with division chairs, senior academic administrators, department heads, faculty, and staff. This position will also be responsible for building strong and productive relationships with key development and campaign volunteers and alumni. This person will work independently, using independent judgement, discretion, and decision making. This person works to plan, coordinate and execute placement services for students. This person will also facilitate, develop and maintain positive relationship with the business community.
- Tracks all metrics related to placement of students after graduation
- Plans and oversees special events
- Operates as employer developer
- Creates new relationships and building on existing relationships
- Builds partnerships and effect relationships with local and personal business organizations and community partners to identify steady pipeline of employment opportunities for students.
- Builds personal rapport with students to transform them into expert job seekers and productive employees
- This person will have the following abilities:
- Highly collaborative with outstanding diplomatic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking capability and attentiveness to detail.
- Work strategically, collaboratively, and independently
- Exercise leadership and work as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Handle multiple priorities, adapt quickly to changing priorities, identify and address issues in a proactive manner
- Excellent verbal/written communications.
- Advanced degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of higher education administration and/or professional advancement.
- Experience in strategy, planning, and project management as well as a working knowledge of fundraising and development operations.
Lane College Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and energetic catalog librarian to complement its Technical Services. He/she is responsible for managing the Technical Services and maintaining high standards of cataloging with current and evolving best practices in cataloging.
- Catalog and process all purchases and selected gift books using WorldCat.com.
- Catalog and re-classify existing library materials as necessary. Catalog non-print formats, including CDs, DVDs, and archives.
- Research name forms and do authority work; contribute authority records to NACO.
- Participate in formation of policy and procedures for Technical Services. Keep up to date with new and emerging descriptive practices and tools.
- Assist in training and revise the work of catalog as required.
- Provide scheduled reference service and circulation desk work; attend professional development meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in the selection of books, scholarly magazines and journals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work one night per week is required.
- An ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library/Information Science, knowledge of and experience in archives preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national cataloging /metadata content and structural standards, experience with Dewey Decimal System, MARC21, AACR2, RDA, LCSH.
- Familiarity with authority work.
- Good organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply for a staff position, please submit a letter of interest and a résumé to:
545 Lane Avenue
Jackson , TN 38301
*Please note that e-mailed materials are preferred.
LANE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER