Home >> About Lane >> Staff Positions
Exciting Job Opportunities
The Purchasing/Payroll Officer reports directly to the Vice President for Business and Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lends catalogs and answers questions from departments regarding their planned purchases.
- Receives requisitions.
- Reviews requisitions for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares purchase order if funds are available. If funds are not available, the requisition is returned to the applicable department chairperson with the notation "No Funds Available".
- Mails original purchase order. Copies of purchase order along with a copy of the requisition are recorded and filed for follow-up.
- Advises requisitioned of correct requisition procedures, and of unusual supply situations or problems.
- Maintains current list of potential bidders (Bidders Mailing List) for various types of materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Communicates to departments the current status of their requisitions, and delivery information.
- Maintain files of requisitions received.
- Maintains files of purchase orders sent to vendors.
- Maintains a current catalog supply (Internal: A catalog supply of what?)
- Follow up and trace items ordered but not received within a reasonable amount of time.
- Accounts and processes payroll according to College policies and procedures.
- Maintains. Check register for payroll.
- Updates employees' earnings records.
- Prepares documents for payment of payroll deductions.
- Ensures electronic payment of all payroll taxes on a timely basis.
- Prepares Tax Form 941 quarterly.
- Prepares state unemployment tax report.
- Performs other duties as requested by the supervisor or higher authorities.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, or equivalent work experience.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
Primary Function/Purpose: Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards major gift donors; develop fundraising strategies; serves as development liaison; supports budget, projects, goals and strategic planning.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit financial support by developing and maintaining relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals including alumni, faculty and staff
- Continuously research and seek grant funding from federal, state and local agencies, national, statewide and local foundations and corporations
- Maintain database of potential funders, and past and contemporary investors
- Draft and disseminate acknowledgement letters and receipts.
- Administer all aspects of the UNCF/Lane College Joint Campaign, including the filing of all quarterly reports
- Publish the college's Annual Report, which shall include the names of all investors from the previous year, as well as informative articles about the college
- Responsible for portfolio of major gift donors that will be evaluated on an ongoing basis
- Foster positive and enduring relationships that produce reciprocal benefits
- Seek and develop appropriate fundraising activities
- Develop fundraising strategies and methods or activities to ensure proper acknowledgment, recognition and stewardship of donors
- Participate in developing campaign materials, case statements and brochures
- Evaluate effectiveness of development programs and securing gifts at various levels
- Participate in professional development organizations, committees, boards and meetings; travels locally and out of town
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to solicit major gifts
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Ability to travel strategically and obtain results
Bachelor's degree supplemented with five (5) years of related experience
DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL AID
PURPOSE: Plan, organize and supervise the Financial Aid department to administer federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds and services. Perform standard financial aid duties such as needs analysis, verification, loan processing and satisfactory academic progress monitoring.
- Supervise personnel in accordance with college policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; reward and discipline employees or make such recommendations to the appropriate manager; address complaints and resolve problems.
- Lead staff meetings, share information as appropriate, promote the development of ideas for improved service and efficiency, and encourage teamwork.
- Develop, implement and revise policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and college policies related to financial aid and scholarships.
- Coordinate and manage all financial aid programs, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Monitor, approve, and/or revise all financial aid packaging for all qualified applicants in accordance with federal, state, institutional, and other policies and procedures.
- Establish appeals committee and appeal guidelines. Train appeals committee and ensure they follow procedural and regulatory requirements. Notify students of appeal outcomes and counsel students on available options.
- Develop, modify, implement and maintain the application intake and tracking process for proper documentation of all awards for audit trail. Maintain fund control records in accordance with funding level limitations. Complete federal, state, and institutional reports including applications for federal funding and reports the expenditures of funds allocated. Coordinate internal reconciliation efforts and report to reviewing entities, such as auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation teams.
- Develop and conduct financial aid presentations and participate in outreach activities, such as New Student Outreach, High School Outreach, financial aid workshops, etc.
- Develop, design, revise, and update all publications (website, college catalog, and other media) relating to financial aid, such as financial aid applications, forms used for tracking applications, correspondence forms, and brochures. Provide training and materials to College staff regarding the financial aid process.
- Facilitate coordination and communication between respective college departments as they relate to the Financial Aid Office's role in creating a positive educational experience for students. Integrate efforts to maximize Financial Aid's role in recruiting and retention.
- Counsel and advise students and parents regarding financial needs and problems, and recommend financial aid opportunities, academic progress, eligibility and procedures.
- Maintain, research and submit information regarding budget as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of college financial aid policies, procedures, and programs. Attend trainings/conferences as necessary to keep knowledge current.
- LC values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
MANDATORY: Bachelor's degree and four years related experience; or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties. Broad knowledge of federal financial aid programs and recordkeeping requirements. Knowledge of higher education processes, supervisory and personnel practices, communication techniques and computer software. General knowledge of accounting practices, data processing and computer applications. Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Able to work independently to meet deadlines.
PREFERRED: Master's degree; 4 years of financial aid experience; previous supervisory experience with Three Rivers/CAMS or other academic management systems.
Asst. Football Coach - Defensive Line Coach
Position: Full Time
Reports To: Athletic Director
Lane College (Jackson TN) is looking to hire a full-time Defensive line coach. Previous collegiate experience coaching or playing is preferred. The job includes coaching the offensive line, recruiting, use of digital editing system, and other administrative duties as assigned by the head coach and/or Defensive Coordinator. Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs, stand for long periods of time and travel overnight. Compensation includes salary and a full benefits package. Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume, and references to head football coach, Derrick Burroughs @ DBurroughs@lanecollege.edu. No Phone Call Please.
ID System Coordinator/Telecommunication/Computer Technician
Position: ID System Coordinator/Telecommunication/Computer Technician
Reports to: IT Department
Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Administrator, Information Systems, or related disciplines with 3-5 years' experience or equivalent. Combination of education, certifications and specialized industry experience will be considered.
- Resolve and document Help Requests in the internal ticketing system daily to ensure high level of service is provided to all departments.
- Provide phone and remote support to ensure optimal operations.
- Install and maintain computers, printers, software, and network equipment.
- Receive Help Requests through internal ticketing system and e-mail to assist organizational departments within the College.
- Responsible for ID systems located in Residence Halls connectivity and functionality, responsible for ID system in Cafeteria, and fitness center, upkeep of the ID printers and supplies.
- Maintain ID database and backups.
- Setup and configurations of ID system in other areas of the College.
- Responsible for maintaining telephone system for campus connectivity and voicemail for Administrative and Faculty offices, and also student phones connections in Residence Halls.
- Maintain telephones system modules patches and updates.
- Capable of repairing basic computer systems (replacing hard drives, internal cards, memory chips, loading operating systems).
- Troubleshooting desktop computers, and network connectivity issues.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk throughout the campus and buildings up to 6 flight of stairs.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends or extended hours if the need is requested.
To apply submit letter of interest and resume to:
DIRECTOR OF PHYSICAL PLANT
Position: Director of Physical Plant
Reports Directly to: Vice President for Administration
Primary Function/Purpose: Plan, organize, and supervise all activities and personnel in the physical facilities and assets of the campus.
- Supervise personnel in accordance with College policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire and train employees.
- Plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline employees or make such recommendations to the Vice President for Administration
- Address complaints and resolve problems. Approve payroll work authorizations for all department staff. Recommend individuals for hire to the Vice President for Administration and the Office of Human Resources.
- Oversee and direct maintenance personnel, laborers and outside contractors engaged in equipment or systems installation, facilities equipment repair, preventive maintenance, painting, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, grounds maintenance, operational functions, and other projects.
- Inspect buildings and physical plant; inspect construction, projects, and contractor installations progress for conformance to standards and specifications.
- Budget, formulate specifications, prepare cost estimates, bid sheets, documents, layouts, contracts, complete work orders, requisition equipment and supplies, process billings, and track budget expenses.
- Plan for facility operation, building maintenance, grounds maintenance, and facility projects, renovations, modifications, etc. Assist in the development of long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay projections.
- Analyze and resolve daily work problems.
- Complete campus inspections and investigations when requested by local and state agencies.
- Respond to emergency calls, including after-hour calls.
- Assist with transportation operations, as directed by the Vice President for Administration, including maintenance of College fleet to provide optimum use of vehicles by College personnel.
Lane College values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and identified as examples of what is expected of a Director of Physical Plant:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written and verbal communications;
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, meeting deadlines, collaborative problem solving and honest communication;
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity and courtesy;
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending training seminars, reading materials and meeting with others in areas of responsibility; and
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and five years of experience or training in field work which demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties.
- Considerable knowledge of physical plant operations, maintenance, tools, equipment, practices, methods, hazards, safety precautions used in maintenance repair of plant, buildings and grounds.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory compliance related to physical plant and personnel supervision.
- Considerable knowledge of construction practices, contracts, and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge or training in automated HVAC controls, maintenance, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, grounds keeping, and equipment repair.
Lane College Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and energetic catalog librarian to complement its Technical Services. He/she is responsible for managing the Technical Services and maintaining high standards of cataloging with current and evolving best practices in cataloging.
- Catalog and process all purchases and selected gift books using WorldCat.com.
- Catalog and re-classify existing library materials as necessary. Catalog non-print formats, including CDs, DVDs, and archives.
- Research name forms and do authority work; contribute authority records to NACO.
- Participate in formation of policy and procedures for Technical Services. Keep up to date with new and emerging descriptive practices and tools.
- Assist in training and revise the work of catalog as required.
- Provide scheduled reference service and circulation desk work; attend professional development meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in the selection of books, scholarly magazines and journals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work one night per week is required.
- An ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library/Information Science, knowledge of and experience in archives preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national cataloging /metadata content and structural standards, experience with Dewey Decimal System, MARC21, AACR2, RDA, LCSH.
- Familiarity with authority work.
- Good organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply for a staff position, please submit a letter of interest and a résumé to:
545 Lane Avenue
Jackson , TN 38301
*Please note that e-mailed materials are preferred.
LANE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER