Home >> About Lane >> Staff Positions
Exciting Job Opportunities
QEP Director Job Description
Position: Director of the Quality Enhancement Plan
Reports Directly to: Vice President for Academic Affairs
Lane College is searching for qualified applicants to fill the position of Director of the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). This position reports directly to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation and assessment of the Lane College QEP.
- Overseeing implementation, assessment, and adaptation of Lane College's SACSCOC Quality Enhancement Plan;
- Energizing and overseeing activities for the General education mathematics scholars (GEMS) cohorts;
- Managing personnel, schedules, data collection, assessment, and budget related to the QEP;
- Overseeing and recommending technology used in the QEP;
- Facilitating QEP Advisory Committee and GEMS Math faculty meetings;
- Providing and planning faculty development for QEP-related activities;
- Working under the supervision of the Vice President of Academic Affairs;
- Overseeing and working in regular collaboration with Math tutors;
- Writing and submitting yearly report and five-year report to Vice President for Academic Affairs and SACSCOC; and,
- Advocating and publicizing the QEP to the campus community and constituents.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of Master's degree in math or a related field. A Ph.D. or Ed.D. is preferred;
- Three or more years of experience with learning support instruction;
- Three or more years of experience working in a tutoring capacity;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Evidence of working collaboratively with faculty and administration in higher education;
- Experience in assessment; and,
- Institutional research experience.
Applications will be accepted through December 15, 2014.
SPECIAL PROJECTS DIRECTOR
Position: Special Projects Director
Reports Directly to: Chief of Staff
The Special Projects Director will manage and coordinate career development and special projects. The position requires strategic skills to help create and implement initiatives and the highest level of student service expertise. This position will have a high level of interaction with division chairs, senior academic administrators, department heads, faculty, and staff. This position will also be responsible for building strong and productive relationships with key development and campaign volunteers and alumni. This person will work independently, using independent judgment, discretion, and decision making. This person works to plan, coordinate and execute placement services for students. This person will also facilitate, develop and maintain positive relationship with the business community.
- Tracks all metrics related to placement of students after graduation
- Plans and oversees special events
- Operates as employer developer
- Creates new relationships and building on existing relationships
- Builds partnerships and effect relationships with local and personal business organizations and community partners to identify steady pipeline of employment opportunities for students.
- Builds personal rapport with students to transform them into expert job seekers and productive employees
- This person will have the following abilities:
- Highly collaborative with outstanding diplomatic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking capability and attentiveness to detail.
- Work strategically, collaboratively, and independently
- Exercise leadership and work as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Handle multiple priorities, adapt quickly to changing priorities, identify and address issues in a proactive manner
- Excellent verbal/written communications.
- Advanced degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of higher education administration and/or professional advancement.
- Experience in strategy, planning, and project management as well as a working knowledge of fundraising and development operations.
Lane College Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and energetic catalog librarian to complement its Technical Services. He/she is responsible for managing the Technical Services and maintaining high standards of cataloging with current and evolving best practices in cataloging.
- Catalog and process all purchases and selected gift books using WorldCat.com.
- Catalog and re-classify existing library materials as necessary. Catalog non-print formats, including CDs, DVDs, and archives.
- Research name forms and do authority work; contribute authority records to NACO.
- Participate in formation of policy and procedures for Technical Services. Keep up to date with new and emerging descriptive practices and tools.
- Assist in training and revise the work of catalog as required.
- Provide scheduled reference service and circulation desk work; attend professional development meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in the selection of books, scholarly magazines and journals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work one night per week is required.
- An ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library/Information Science, knowledge of and experience in archives preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national cataloging /metadata content and structural standards, experience with Dewey Decimal System, MARC21, AACR2, RDA, LCSH.
- Familiarity with authority work.
- Good organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply for a staff position, please submit a letter of interest and a résumé to:
545 Lane Avenue
Jackson , TN 38301
*Please note that e-mailed materials are preferred.
LANE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER