Home >> Academics >> Business
The mission of the Department of Business is to produce students who will become business leaders with a strong commitment to their communities. In doing so, the Department is committed to preparing students with a solid foundation in each of the functional areas of business: accounting, finance, marketing, and management.
Students are encouraged to specialize in one of four available concentrations: management, accounting, marketing, and finance. A concentration in one of these specialties will equip students to gain a better and more detailed understanding of the complex nature of the corporate environment in the 21st century.
Students graduating with a degree in business will:
- Have acquired sound scholarship of knowledge and skills in the area of Business;
- Enter a business career with satisfactory training in methods, techniques, and principles of modern business;
- Be prepared for further studies in graduate and professional schools;
- Be prepared to pursue certification through the Teacher Education Program;
- Have an understanding of the social, economic, and cultural environment in which businesses operate; and,
- Have practical management learning experiences through cooperative and/or internship programs.
Requirements for the Business Concentration
Students may choose a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or Business Management. A concentration consists of a minimum of 12 credit hours over and above the Business major requirements.Business Curriculum and Suggested Program