Home >> Admissions >> Evening Program
The Lane Evening Classes Program admits prospective non-traditional adult students. The evening classes program accepts students who are typically working adults interested in completing their college degree or attending college for the first time. LEAP is ideal for individuals who cannot afford to leave their job, but have a desire to obtain a Bachelor degree in the evenings.
To be considered for admissions into the Lane Evening Classes Program, an applicant must be a graduate of an accredited or approved high school. Additionally, a candidate for admission must have taken the ACT or SAT and submitted scores to the Admissions Office. Students transferring from regionally accredited institutions of higher learning will be admitted as regular students. Students who transfer with an Associate degree from an accredited community or junior college will be awarded credit for all courses which parallel the Lane College curriculum, and for which a grade of "C" or higher was earned. A maximum of 68 semester hours (102 quarter hours) will be accepted as transfer credit for students who have an Associate degree.
Upon receipt of the completed application forms, the Admissions and Recruitment committee will evaluate and make decisions concerning acceptance. Applicants will be advised of the decision in writing.
Students seeking to be admitted into the Lane Evening Classes Program must submit the following:
- An Application for Admission
- A copy of high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores; Transfer students must submit an official transcript of academic course work from all colleges or universities attended.
- Candidates who have received the Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED) must provide an official copy of the scores and a transcript of all high school work completed.
- A transfer student with fewer than 15 credit hours must submit an official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores.
- A Transfer Recommendation Form from the Dean of Students of the most recent institution attended.
- A Letter of Activity must be completed by all applicants indicating their current work and future goals.
- Financial aid applications must be completed and submitted upon applying for admission into Lane Evening Classes Program.