Home >> Current student >> UNCF Scholarships
THE WALT DISNEY UNCF CORPORATE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
UNCF and The Walt Disney Company have partnered to launch The Walt Disney UNCF Corporate Scholars Program, which provides $ 1 million in scholarships and career guidance to deserving African-American students. The goals of this program are to help create a diverse pipeline of college-educated professionals poised to assume fulfilling off-camera careers in entertainment, and to help increase the number of underrepresented minorities employed in the entertainment industry.
Applicants will be selected based on a competitive application process administered by UNCF.
Recommended Eligibility Criteria:
- Underrepresented African American freshmen, enrolled full-time at a four-year college or university;
- Preference will be given to students attending a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) to ensure 50% of each group are derived from these schools;
- Students must have a demonstrated financial need as verified by their college or university;
- Students must have a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale; and
- Students must have an interest in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry (e.g. film, television, hospitality management, journalism, media production, digital media, etc.) as demonstrated by submission of an initial essay and participation in program components.
- Scholarship Assistance - Freshmen students selected for The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program will receive a $1000 scholarship, which is eligible for a graduated scholarship renewal for an additional three years up to $5000, based on financial need and participation in program components.
- Career Planning - Career planning assistance will provide all participating students with resume building tips, coaching for job interviews, and additional workplace readiness development to help inform and direct their post-college transition into the workforce.
- Mentorship - Rising juniors and seniors in The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program will be provided mentorship opportunities and career planning assistance. Engagement will occur through the Career Navigator platform and/or in person, when plausible. Scholars will receive career readiness and road mapping assistance from their mentor.
- Career Navigator - UNCF is committed to preparing scholars to be top professionals in their career of choice. Therefore, The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program will include the creation of a Career Navigator. This web-based platform will provide both career information and tools to a broad network of African American students, as well as targeted support services to The Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars scholarship recipients. The platform, to be launched this fall, will help students develop requisite skills and navigate the transition from college to early-stage careers. Web-based and facilitated learning modules will introduce students to the broad spectrum of careers within the entertainment industry. Scholars will also have the opportunity to apply for Disney internships.
Applications for the Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars Program open March 16, 2015 and close May 15, 2015 at www.UNCF.org/DisneyScholars.
Chegg African American Scholarships
|UNCF Scholarship Descriptions||Amount ||Date Posted|
|Wells Fargo Scholarship - UNCF|
The Wells Fargo Scholarship is available to full - time students entering UNCF affiliated schools. You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to be eligible for this award. click here to view full scholarship details...
|List of 100 African American Scholarships|
The list contains about 100 African American Scholarships and it's being updated once in three months. Last update was on the 15th of September. You can find scholarships starting from $500 up to $10000. click here to view full scholarship details...
NEED $ FOR COLLEGE?
UNCF (United Negro College Fund) provides operating funds for 37 member historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs), scholarships and internships for students at about 900 institutions.
LANE COLLEGE is proud to be a member and encourages all new and returning students to begin applying on the UNCF opening date – August 1, 2014. For more than 69 years, UNCF has raised more than $3.6 billion to help more than 400,000 students attend college and graduate from college.
To apply: https://applyonline.uncf.org/login.aspxTo apply for a UNCF scholarship, you must apply through the on-line application process. UNCF manages various scholarship programs and each program has its own eligibility criteria, open/close dates and required documentation. As many of the UNCF scholarships require that the scholarship recipient apply for Federal Student Aid, it is recommended that applicants complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Get in-depth information on federal student aid programs and applying for financial aid atwww.fafsa.ed.gov.
If you are a new or returning Lane student, please complete the UNCF General Scholarship application on or before November 30, 2014. Once you complete the application, the information will be used to match you to many of the specific programs administered by UNCF.
Also, don't forget to regularly check the Learn More section on the homepage for latest Internships, Fellowships and Career Path programs. You can apply for as many scholarships for which you are eligible. Please note that UNCF has two different application platforms so depending on which scholarship application you are filling out, you may be required to register twice.
Feel free to contact UNCF at (202) 810-0200 or Dr. Michelle Curtain, Bray Hall, Room 306, 731.426.7552, e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on UNCF Scholarships and Program opportunities.