Home >> Faculty / Staff >> Staff Positions
Exciting Job Opportunities
ID System Coordinator/Telecommunication/Computer Technician
Position: ID System Coordinator/Telecommunication/Computer Technician
Reports to: IT Department
Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Network Administrator, Information Systems, or related disciplines with 3-5 years' experience or equivalent. Combination of education, certifications and specialized industry experience will be considered.
- Resolve and document Help Requests in the internal ticketing system daily to ensure high level of service is provided to all departments.
- Provide phone and remote support to ensure optimal operations.
- Install and maintain computers, printers, software, and network equipment.
- Receive Help Requests through internal ticketing system and e-mail to assist organizational departments within the College.
- Responsible for ID systems located in Residence Halls connectivity and functionality, responsible for ID system in Cafeteria, and fitness center, upkeep of the ID printers and supplies.
- Maintain ID database and backups.
- Setup and configurations of ID system in other areas of the College.
- Responsible for maintaining telephone system for campus connectivity and voicemail for Administrative and Faculty offices, and also student phones connections in Residence Halls.
- Maintain telephones system modules patches and updates.
- Capable of repairing basic computer systems (replacing hard drives, internal cards, memory chips, loading operating systems).
- Troubleshooting desktop computers, and network connectivity issues.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to walk throughout the campus and buildings up to 6 flight of stairs.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends or extended hours if the need is requested.
To apply submit letter of interest and resume to:
Writing Lab Coordinator
Position: Writing Lab Coordinator
Reports Directly to: Vice President of Academic Affairs
Position Description:Lane College invites applications for a full-time writing lab coordinator. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to teaching excellence. The position will have teaching responsibilities in the First-Year Academy (20%) and manage the writing lab (80%).
Lane College has redesigned its English courses to include a lab and supplemental instruction. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to developing the whole student and teaching excellence.
Primary Responsibilities:Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing the writing lab which will include working closely with the First-Year Academy, oversight of student tutors, providing student reports for faculty, providing assistance in the area of writing and reading, identifying software programs, curriculum revision, and participating in the development of an assessment model.
Secondary Responsibilities: Writing Lab Coordinator will be required to teach 3-6 credit hours per academic semester in the First-Year Academy.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in English.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in English, reading/literacy specialist, previous teaching experience; previous experience with an online learning system.
MATH LAB COORDINATOR
Position: Math Lab Coordinator
Reports Directly to: Vice President of Academic Affairs
Position Description: Lane College invites applications for a full-time math lab coordinator/math instructor. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to teaching excellence. The position will have teaching responsibilities in class (20%) and manage the math lab (80%).
Lane College has redesigned its math courses to include a lab and supplemental instruction. Candidates must possess a strong commitment to developing the whole student and teaching excellence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing the math lab which will include working closely with the First-Year Academy, oversight of student tutors, providing student reports for faculty, providing assistance in the use of MyMathLab for students and faculty, assisting with curriculum revision, and participating in the development of an assessment model.
Math Lab Coordinator will be required to teach 3-6 credit hours (labs) per academic semester in the First-Year Academy.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor degree in math or secondary math.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in math or math education plus 18 graduate hours in math; previous experience with MyMathLab. previous teaching experience; previous experience with an online learning system.
DIRECTOR OF PHYSICAL PLANT
Position: Director of Physical Plant
Reports Directly to: Vice President for Administration
Primary Function/Purpose: Plan, organize, and supervise all activities and personnel in the physical facilities and assets of the campus.
- Supervise personnel in accordance with College policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire and train employees.
- Plan, assign and direct work; reward and discipline employees or make such recommendations to the Vice President for Administration
- Address complaints and resolve problems. Approve payroll work authorizations for all department staff. Recommend individuals for hire to the Vice President for Administration and the Office of Human Resources.
- Oversee and direct maintenance personnel, laborers and outside contractors engaged in equipment or systems installation, facilities equipment repair, preventive maintenance, painting, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, grounds maintenance, operational functions, and other projects.
- Inspect buildings and physical plant; inspect construction, projects, and contractor installations progress for conformance to standards and specifications.
- Budget, formulate specifications, prepare cost estimates, bid sheets, documents, layouts, contracts, complete work orders, requisition equipment and supplies, process billings, and track budget expenses.
- Plan for facility operation, building maintenance, grounds maintenance, and facility projects, renovations, modifications, etc. Assist in the development of long-range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay projections.
- Analyze and resolve daily work problems.
- Complete campus inspections and investigations when requested by local and state agencies.
- Respond to emergency calls, including after-hour calls.
- Assist with transportation operations, as directed by the Vice President for Administration, including maintenance of College fleet to provide optimum use of vehicles by College personnel.
Lane College values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and identified as examples of what is expected of a Director of Physical Plant:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written and verbal communications;
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, meeting deadlines, collaborative problem solving and honest communication;
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity and courtesy;
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending training seminars, reading materials and meeting with others in areas of responsibility; and
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and five years of experience or training in field work which demonstrates knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties.
- Considerable knowledge of physical plant operations, maintenance, tools, equipment, practices, methods, hazards, safety precautions used in maintenance repair of plant, buildings and grounds.
- Extensive knowledge of regulatory compliance related to physical plant and personnel supervision.
- Considerable knowledge of construction practices, contracts, and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge or training in automated HVAC controls, maintenance, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, grounds keeping, and equipment repair.
Director of Upward Bound (UB) Program
- Assume overall leadership and responsibilities for the organization and administration of the Lane College Upward Bound Program.
- Interview and recommend UB teachers, Counselor and staff members to the immediate supervisor.
- Prepare and electronically submit the comprehensive UB Annual Performance Report to the Department of Education. This report requires the academic progress of each UB student from the time of entry into the program and continue to track students with a postsecondary cohort for six year after graduating from high school.
- Maintain cordial relationships with the public school systems in five participating counties.
- Supervise UB budget via requisitions and purchase orders in keeping with the requirements of the College.
- Develop and submit continuous successful Upward Bound proposals every five years.
- Retain membership in the Council for Opportunity in Education, the organization that lobbies the US House and Senate on behalf of the TRIO Programs and Student Financial Aid.
- Establish an excellent relationship with the College administration, faculty, target school personnel and UB students.
- Make semi-annual reports to the immediate campus supervisor.
- Attend state, regional and national TRIO meetings to keep abreast of the political dynamics regarding the TRIO program funding. Also to keep informed of programmatic and professional development workshops sponsored by the Department of Education.
- Recruit, interview and select 90 low-income, first generation students in grades 9 through 11.
- Provide a six-week summer residential pre-college academic experience for all participants.
- Provide a 20-week Saturday follow-up academic program for 90 eligible UB students.
A minimum of a Master's Degree and experience in working with low-income, first generation students. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
DIRECTOR OF TEACHER EDUCATION
Reports to: Vice President of Academic Affairs
SALARY Based on experience.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL - TIME
Lane College is seeking to fill the position of Director of Teacher Education for the Teacher Education Department. The Director of Teacher Education is the academic and administrative leader for the Department of Teacher Education for the College, and is primarily responsible for the administrative and academic components. The Director provides leadership/management and coordination for academic activities in the education department.
Masters of Education with a Certified Teacher’s License in a content area and/ or specialty area such as, Special Education or related discipline.
Experience teaching in public, undergraduate and/ or graduate programs at an accredited school system, college and /or university.Current knowledge of research and trends in teacher preparation and/or school leadership preparation.
Experience in assessment and accreditation (i.e., NCATE/CAEP)
Demonstrated record of organizational leadership in developing, managing, and sustaining excellence in higher education programs.
Successful experience in fostering relationships among students, faculty, and external constituents.
A complete application will include a cover letter, which focuses on your qualifications and interests, a resume, unofficial transcripts, and a list of three professional references. References will only be contacted prior to candidate interviews.
This position will remain open until filled.
Lane College Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and energetic catalog librarian to complement its Technical Services. He/she is responsible for managing the Technical Services and maintaining high standards of cataloging with current and evolving best practices in cataloging.
- Catalog and process all purchases and selected gift books using WorldCat.com.
- Catalog and re-classify existing library materials as necessary. Catalog non-print formats, including CDs, DVDs, and archives.
- Research name forms and do authority work; contribute authority records to NACO.
- Participate in formation of policy and procedures for Technical Services. Keep up to date with new and emerging descriptive practices and tools.
- Assist in training and revise the work of catalog as required.
- Provide scheduled reference service and circulation desk work; attend professional development meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in the selection of books, scholarly magazines and journals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work one night per week is required.
- An ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library/Information Science, knowledge of and experience in archives preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national cataloging /metadata content and structural standards, experience with Dewey Decimal System, MARC21, AACR2, RDA, LCSH.
- Familiarity with authority work.
- Good organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply for a staff position, please submit a letter of interest and a résumé to:
545 Lane Avenue
Jackson , TN 38301
*Please note that e-mailed materials are preferred.
LANE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER