Home >> Faculty / Staff >> Staff Positions
Exciting Job Opportunities
ATHLETIC EQUIPMENT MANAGER
Reports to:Athletic Director
Primary Function/Purpose: The Athletic Equipment Manager is responsible purchasing, organizing and maintaining athletic equipment for all Lane College sports. The Athletic Equipment Manager also prepares and monitors athletic equipment budgets.
- Facilitation and purchasing athletic equipment, monitoring daily maintenance of equipment, and issuance of uniforms. Incumbents in this classification are required to travel to sporting events and maintain a variable work schedules dependent on the sport season.
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring the Athletic equipment budget.
- Monitors issuance of uniforms to team, coaches, or individual athletes; maintains accurate records and files regarding equipment check out.
- Monitors daily maintenance of equipment, which includes laundering, repair, and general upkeep of equipment.
- Coordinates student workers in performance of athletic equipment maintenance duties.
- Help Facilitate the purchases athletic equipment; orders equipment according to department procedures; checks in equipment upon delivery to verify receipt.
- Monitors maintenance of machines used in equipment maintenance; performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance and/or arranges for repairs as necessary.
- Travels to athletic games as assigned to perform equipment maintenance responsibilities.
- Prepares equipment for distribution such as stamping names or numbers on equipment in order to track it.
- Assists with fitting athletic equipment to individual athletes.
- Coordinates the preparation of facilities for inter-collegiate athletic team practices
- Stores and packs sporting equipment appropriately when not in use.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Four years of experience in management of athletic equipment and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
DIRECTOR OF TEACHER EDUCATION
Reports to: Vice President of Academic Affairs
SALARY Based on experience.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FULL – TIME
Lane College is seeking to fill the position of Director of Teacher Education for the Teacher Education Department. The Director of Teacher Education is the academic and administrative leader for the Department of Teacher Education for the College, and is primarily responsible for the administrative and academic components. The Director provides leadership/management and coordination for academic activities in the education department.
Masters of Education with a Certified Teacher’s License in a content area and/ or specialty area such as, Special Education or related discipline.
Experience teaching in public, undergraduate and/ or graduate programs at an accredited school system, college and /or university.Current knowledge of research and trends in teacher preparation and/or school leadership preparation.
Experience in assessment and accreditation (i.e., NCATE/CAEP)
Demonstrated record of organizational leadership in developing, managing, and sustaining excellence in higher education programs.
Successful experience in fostering relationships among students, faculty, and external constituents.
A complete application will include a cover letter, which focuses on your qualifications and interests, a resume, unofficial transcripts, and a list of three professional references. References will only be contacted prior to candidate interviews.
This position is expected to begin on July 1, 2015.
SPECIAL PROJECTS DIRECTOR
Position: Special Projects Director
Reports Directly to: Chief of Staff
The Special Projects Director will manage and coordinate career development and special projects. The position requires strategic skills to help create and implement initiatives and the highest level of student service expertise. This position will have a high level of interaction with division chairs, senior academic administrators, department heads, faculty, and staff. This position will also be responsible for building strong and productive relationships with key development and campaign volunteers and alumni. This person will work independently, using independent judgement, discretion, and decision making. This person works to plan, coordinate and execute placement services for students. This person will also facilitate, develop and maintain positive relationship with the business community.
- Tracks all metrics related to placement of students after graduation
- Plans and oversees special events
- Operates as employer developer
- Creates new relationships and building on existing relationships
- Builds partnerships and effect relationships with local and personal business organizations and community partners to identify steady pipeline of employment opportunities for students.
- Builds personal rapport with students to transform them into expert job seekers and productive employees
- This person will have the following abilities:
- Highly collaborative with outstanding diplomatic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Critical thinking capability and attentiveness to detail.
- Work strategically, collaboratively, and independently
- Exercise leadership and work as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others
- Handle multiple priorities, adapt quickly to changing priorities, identify and address issues in a proactive manner
- Excellent verbal/written communications.
- Advanced degree is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of higher education administration and/or professional advancement.
- Experience in strategy, planning, and project management as well as a working knowledge of fundraising and development operations.
Lane College Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and energetic catalog librarian to complement its Technical Services. He/she is responsible for managing the Technical Services and maintaining high standards of cataloging with current and evolving best practices in cataloging.
- Catalog and process all purchases and selected gift books using WorldCat.com.
- Catalog and re-classify existing library materials as necessary. Catalog non-print formats, including CDs, DVDs, and archives.
- Research name forms and do authority work; contribute authority records to NACO.
- Participate in formation of policy and procedures for Technical Services. Keep up to date with new and emerging descriptive practices and tools.
- Assist in training and revise the work of catalog as required.
- Provide scheduled reference service and circulation desk work; attend professional development meetings and training sessions.
- Assist in the selection of books, scholarly magazines and journals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work one night per week is required.
- An ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library/Information Science, knowledge of and experience in archives preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current national cataloging /metadata content and structural standards, experience with Dewey Decimal System, MARC21, AACR2, RDA, LCSH.
- Familiarity with authority work.
- Good organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team environment.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply for a staff position, please submit a letter of interest and a résumé to:
545 Lane Avenue
Jackson , TN 38301
*Please note that e-mailed materials are preferred.
LANE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER