Home >> Library >> EbscoHost
|How to access EbscoHost|
- To access EbscoHost, click “E-Databases” on the Lane College Library website then the EbscoHost logo. On the next page click “EBSCOhost Web”.
- On this page you can select which specific database you would like to search (e.g., Primary Search, Academic Search Elite). If you are unsure which database to search check “Select all”. Then click “Continue”.
- You can now begin your search using the search field. On the bottom of this page are search options such as changing search mode, limiting the search by published date, images, publication type, and more. To ensure the search results contain articles whose full-text is available check the “Full Text” box under “Search Options”
- After clicking search, the results page is displayed listing articles related to your search term. On the left results can be narrowed by source type, subject term, database, and more. On the right results can be limited by full-text, peer reviewed, and publication date. To access an article click on its title.
- After accessing an article, the citation of the article along with full-text (if available) will be displayed. At the top of the article is a toolbar with icons that allows a user to print, e-mail, save, cite, export the citation, and add an article to the temporary folder. It looks like this:
- To print an article click on the printer icon in the toolbar while accessing an article. On the right, choose what to include in the printing (e.g., citation format, full text) then click “print”
- To e-mail an article click on the mail icon in the toolbar while accessing an article. Fill in the recipients e-mail address along with an optional message then click “send”.
- Articles can be saved during a single session by clicking “Add to folder” on the results page or the “Add to folder” icon on an articles page. To access saved articles click on “Folder” at the top of the page at any time. From the folder multiple articles can be simultaneously printed, saved, or e-mailed.
- For more detailed information about Ebscohost’s functions click “Help” at the top right of the page at any time.