Home >> Campus Life >> Student Government Association
Student Government Association
The Lane College Student Government Association (SGA) is a sanctioned College organization that fosters student involvement in the quality of student life at the College. The primary goals of the SGA are as follows: to provide a forum for the expression of student ideas; to serve as an intermediary between the student and the College community; to promote intellectual dialogue; and to secure student enrichment.
The SGA participates in a wide range of activities and its purposes are intimately related to all facets of campus life:
- to promote the individual and collective interests of the student body;
- to further the democratic process through student representation in institutional governance;
- to cultivate student leadership and encourage student participation in all phases of institutional governance;
- to convey studentsí views to the College faculty and administration;
- to assist in the coordination and development of student activities;
- to promote good relations and communications among the students, the faculty, and the administration; and
- to promote school spirit and traditions.