Admission of high school graduates
To be considered for admission to Lane College, an applicant must be a graduate of an accredited or approved high school with 16 units of credit. Recommended courses for admission consideration are: English-4 units; and 2 units of each of the following: Mathematics (including Algebra 1); Natural Science; and Social Science. Two units of foreign language are strongly recommended. Additionally, a candidate for admission must have taken the ACT or SAT and submitted scores to the Admissions Office.
Graduate equivalency diploma (GED)
To be admitted to the program, a student must have completed the sophomore year of high school; have a cumulative grade point average of at least a "B" (3.0); and have submitted an admissions application, high school transcript, ACT score, and a letter of recommendation from a high school principal or counselor.
Applicants 18 years of age or over who do not qualify for admission by high school transcript may be admitted to the College upon passing any state high school equivalency examination and by meeting other admission requirements.
In order to be given priority consideration for admission, the recommended deadlines for submitting applications for admission are July 1 for the fall semester, November 15 for the spring semester, and May 15 for the summer session.
Those considered for admission to the freshman class are responsible for the following information:
1. Candidates must submit a completed "Application for Admission"
2. High school graduates who are applying as freshmen must submit an official copy of the high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores.High school and Transfer Applicants may be admitted based on partial transcripts. Final, official transcripts must be provided upon graduation or prior to the beginning of the registration period.
3. Candidates who have received the Graduate Equivalency Diploma (GED), must provide an official copy of the scores and a transcript of all high school work completed.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation are required for all applicants. These recommendations may be submitted from guidance counselors, teachers, principals, employers, ministers, or other community leaders.
5. All admitted students must provide a completed Medical Form.