If you see the world as a place that sparks your creativity, a minor in art at Lane may be the perfect fit. Lane’s forward-thinking art department offers students broad exposure to the concepts and skills needed to become a creative problem solver. The department allows you the flexibility to study an exciting array of art classes, from art history to contemporary design. The dynamic curriculum, combined with a skilled fine arts faculty, allows you to build your creative talents and cultural appreciation.
A MINOR in Art requires 17 CREDIT HOURS
Seventeen (17) credit hours including Art Appreciation (ART 120) and fifteen (15) additional credit hours in art.
Students graduating with degrees in Art will:
- 1. A broad understanding of techniques, processes, and theoretical approaches to drawing, painting, and new media.
- 2. A critical knowledge of important cultures, moments, periods, styles, and individuals in the history of art.
- 3. The ability to prosper creatively from critical input and exposure to varied viewpoints and backgrounds.
- 4. The ability to progress from an idea through stages to a completed creative statement that exhibits originality, conviction, and quality.
- 5. The ability to benefit through a professional involvement directly or indirectly related to visual art.