A MAJOR in Religion requires 30 CREDIT HOURS
These hours include eight (8) required courses (24 credit hours) as indicated in the curriculum chart. The remaining twelve (12) hours must be selected from religion or philosophy courses. Students should consult with their academic advisor before registering each semester.
A MINOR in Religion requires 18 CREDIT HOURS
These hours include PHL131 - Introduction to Philosophy. The remaining twelve (12) hours must be selected from religion and philosophy courses.
Students graduating with degrees in Religion will:
- 1. Relate religious ideas and concepts to other forms of knowledge and interpretative framework.
- 2. Reflect on the diversity of religious ideas in distinct historical and cultural contexts.
- 3. Understand the values of the black expressions of religion, focusing on the black church.
- 4. Understand the literary-critical methods of Bible study and promote Biblical literacy.
- 5. Follow careers in ministry and/or graduate religious studies.