Starting your Dragon experience? We’ll help you map it out.
Orientation is designed to welcome you to campus and help you get familiar with Lane College. You will be able to register for your first semester classes, get to know Lane College and important policies and procedures. It is also a great way to ease yourself into college life.
Orientation Your Way
Orientation is mandatory for all new students, but you decide which option works best for you. Lost your notes or want a preview? The Orientation publications and presentations summarize the resources and frequently asked questions that will help you transition to Lane College.
Starting Class in the Fall?
Dragon ACCESS In-Person Orientation
This event allows you to experience campus in person and get connected to the institution. During ACCESS In-Person Orientation you will be able to:
- Tour and get to know your way around campus
- Connect with other Dragons in person
- Attend helpful sessions on campus resources, housing and dining, and financial aid
- Get your Dragon ID Card
- Learn about your academic division, major and how to succeed academically
- Meet with an advisor face-to-face to plan your class schedule
Dragon Online Orientation
Much of what is shared during Dragon ACCESS is available via the online orientation. It will help you:
- Learn about Lane’s campus, academics, and clubs
- Discover essential resources to succeed
- Learn about living and dining on campus
- Prepare for academic advising and meeting virtually with an academic advisor
Steps to Complete
- Once you receive your orientation invitation, select which style of orientation is best for you and your family. Register for either a Dragon ACCESS In-Person Orientation session or online orientation. If you are a first-year student choosing online orientation, remember to schedule your virtual academic advising appointment.
- Take the ALEKS math assessment at least two weeks prior to your orientation date.
- Make sure you have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at least two weeks prior to your orientation date.
- When completing the FAFSA make sure you add Lane College (003499) to your FAFSA.
- Complete the Master Promissory Note (MPN) and Student Loan Entrance Counseling.
- Accept/Decline your financial aid package in your CAMS student portal.
- Attend Dragon Days Orientation or online orientation.