We know how overwhelming it can be at times, thinking about how to tackle the cost of college. But, fortunately for you, there are literally hundreds of scholarships and grants out there available for you to take advantage of to help offset the costs. Here are a list of some we offer that require no repayment from you. It's like free money. And who doesn't love that?
UNCF has helped more than 450,000 students earn their college degrees since its founding.
UNCF is the nation’s largest private scholarship provider to minority group members. Each year, we award more than $100 million in scholarships to more than 10,000 students at more than 1,100 schools across the country, including our prestigious network of 37 HBCUs.
To apply, log onto www.scholarships.uncf.org; For help with the application and essay, contact Ms. Graves at 731-265-1721 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to obtain and keep a digital copy of your high school transcript. If you have a hard copy, scan it and save it on a flash drive and/or computer for uploading to the UNCF portal.
Instructions for creating your UNCF Account & Profile:
- Go to www.scholarships.uncf.org
- Click on "Log On or Register" in the upper right corner
- Click "Register" and create your username & password
- Select "Applicant"
- Log in
- Click on "My Student Landing Page"
- Click on "My User Profile"
- Create your Profile including your Accomplishments Summary
- Foot Locker Foundation, Inc-UNCF Scholarship 2020 – Students attending Lane in the fall 2020 with at least a 2.5 GPA can apply; Award Amount: up to $5,000; Application Deadline: Wed., 6-2-21, 10:59 pm CST; 11:59 pm ES
- If you are the first in your family to attend college and have at least a 3.0 GPA overall, you can apply for the Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship 2020. NO RECOMMENDATION LETTER REQUIRED. Uploading your transcript, and writing an essay as instructed below is required. Go to www.scholarships.uncf.org to apply. Amount: Up to $5,000 per year for up to 3 years; Application Deadline: THIS THURS., 4-22-21, 10:59 pm CST; 11:59 pm EST. Contact 301-535-9620 for assistance. Essay Checklist – In 250 words:
- Where dd you grow up?
- Who raised you?
- In what kind of environment did you grow up?
- What financial challenges are you currently facing?
1. Give 2 or 3 tangible ways in which this scholarship award will assist you as the first in your family to attend college and help you become the first in your family to graduate from college.
2. Describe your family background. Indicate the following:
4. State your career goal(s).
- Log onto www.scholarships.uncf.org
- Click on "Log On or Register" in the upper right corner; then, click "Register" on the next page
- Create a username, password and profile; Check the "Applicant" box
- Go back to www.scholarships.uncf.org; click the link to the scholarship for which you will apply; and review all of the details & instructions
- Click "Apply" and complete the application
- Submitting an essay will be required; Draft it in a WORD document; Address the topic given; Proofread it carefully; Copy & Paste it into application
- A scanned copy of your official transcript might also be required; so, that you can upload it to the UNCF website
- You must invite a professor or supervisor or coach, etc. to write you a letter of reference online. (A) Submit your recommender's email address and name in the reference section of the application. (B) UNCF will email him/her a link to use to write your letter of reference online. (C) Tell your recommender to check his/her spam folder for an "Invitation to Serve as A Reference" email
- Log in to your UNCF account weekly, and check your "Landing Page" for scholarship and internship alert.
POWER OF POTENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Power of Potential Scholarship is offered to high school seniors who earn a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (unweighted). Successful applicants will show academic achievement, perseverance, and leadership. Priority consideration will be given to applicants with complete admissions applications and FAFSAs submitted on or before the annual deadline. The Power of Potential Scholarship is a last dollar scholarship designed to meet the direct cost of attendance. All federal and state aid (grants and loans) must be applied prior to the scholarship amount.
Power of Potential Scholarship Application Form
INTERNATIONAL PATHWAYS TO SUCCESS SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONApply Here Scholarship List
Financial barriers should not hinder you from receiving a quality education. At Lane College, we offer a variety of opportunities to help you financially while also helping you develop the necessary skills for your future. We have a proven track record of producing business leaders, educators, scientists, doctors and lawyers. With these scholarship opportunities and our world-class faculty, Lane College is the perfect place for you to start your story.
International Scholars Pathways to Success is offered to Bahamian high school seniors who earn a grade point average of 3.5 or higher. The three pillars in this program are designed to enhance each participant’s academic achievement, social/cultural awareness, and financial future. Those chosen for this program will receive up to $9,700 annually, which is designed to meet the direct cost of attendance. To apply for admission, visit lanecollege.edu and click “FREE TO APPLY” on the homepage. To apply for the scholarship, visit lanecollege.edu and click the Financial Aid and Tuition tab.
The Power of Potential Scholarship is offered to high school seniors who earn a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (unweighted). Those chosen for this program will meet and learn from CEOs, national leaders, and develop the skills needed to lead now and in the future. Scholarship recipients are awarded an average of $5,000, which is designed to meet the direct cost of attendance. To apply, visit lanecollege.edu and click the Financial Aid and Tuition tab.
Junior College Transfer Scholarship is a one-time award of $1,000 for students who transfer directly to Lane College from an accredited community college or junior college with an associate degree. To receive this one-time award, please submit your final college transcript to the Office of Admissions.
The Lane College Dragons Athletic Program has a rich history and tradition of competing at the NCAA Division-II level as a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association (SIAC). The Dragons compete in the following:
|Women's Sports||Men's Sports|
|Cross Country||Cross Country|
|Track and Field||Track and Field|
For more information on varsity scholarships and to submit a video, please contact email@example.com.
The Lane College Cheerleading Program is a national award winning program dedicated to carrying on the traditions of Lane College by representing the college with pride. Interested persons should have experience in cheer, stunting, and tumbling. For more information and to submit video, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lane College Dragons Marching Band consists of a group of highly motivated and talented instrumental musicians, a dance team, and color guard that performs during halftime at football games, in the homecoming parade, NBA games, band competitions, and other community events. For more information and to schedule an audition, please contact email@example.com.
The Lane College Concert Choir has performed and recorded across the country. This talented group has performed in front of United States Presidents and celebrities. Historically, the Concert Choir has been led by distinguished directors and composers committed to developing artist, performers and composers. For more information and to schedule an audition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lane College Endowed Scholarship Program is funded through donations from a variety of stakeholders. Lane College has over 80 endowed scholarships. The qualification for these scholarships range from 2.0 to 4.0 grade point average; specific majors; community service and leadership achievements; and financial need. For more information on how to apply, please contact email@example.com.
Lane College Scholarships are last dollar designed to help you meet the direct cost of attendance (tuition, fees, books, room and board). The College allows scholarship recipients to stack up to $9,000 in Lane College scholarships.
Lane College International Admissions Policy
Lane College admits students with nonimmigrant status who present official credentials with academic achievement, meet the admission requirements to the college, and have command of written and spoken English. Students must complete the following:
1. Official School(s) Transcript(s) must be evaluated by an agency that is a member of the NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). Lane College will only be able to admit an applicant after receiving the necessary report from the evaluation company.
2. If your native language is not English, you must demonstrate English proficiency unless you are a US citizen or a permanent resident.
3. Letter of Financial Sponsorship
4. Personal Aspirational Essay
5. Use your name as it appears on your passport and include a valid e-mail address in your application for future communication from Lane College.
Once we have a completed file, the Admissions Committee will review the file and make a decision regarding acceptance. Please note that students will be required to cover fees of one year of tuition before issuing a Form I-20.
We will then submit official hard copies of forms to Melinda Richardson (International Student Liaison)