We know how overwhelming it can be at times, thinking about how to tackle the cost of college. But, fortunately for you, there are literally hundreds of scholarships and grants out there available for you to take advantage of to help offset the costs. Here are a list of some we offer that require no repayment from you. It's like free money. And who doesn't love that?
UNCF has helped more than 450,000 students earn their college degrees since its founding.
UNCF is the nation’s largest private scholarship provider to minority group members. Each year, we award more than $100 million in scholarships to more than 10,000 students at more than 1,100 schools across the country, including our prestigious network of 37 HBCUs.
Lane students who have at least a 2.5 GPA overall can apply. Complete the application, now! It only takes a few minutes... NO ESSAY, NO TRANSCRIPT and NO REFERENCE REQUIRED! To apply, log onto www.scholarships.uncf.org; For help with the application and essay, contact Ms. Graves at 731-265-1721 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to obtain and keep a digital copy of your high school transcript. If you have a hard copy, scan it and save it on a flash drive and/or computer for uploading to the UNCF portal.
- Log onto www.scholarships.uncf.org
- Click on "Log On or Register" in the upper right corner; then, click "Register" on the next page
- Create a username, password and profile; Check the "Applicant" box
- Go back to www.scholarships.uncf.org; click the link to the scholarship for which you will apply; and review all of the details & instructions
- Click "Apply" and complete the application
- Submitting an essay will be required; Draft it in a WORD document; Address the topic given; Proofread it carefully; Copy & Paste it into application
- A scanned copy of your official transcript might also be required; so, that you can upload it to the UNCF website
- You must invite a professor or supervisor or coach, etc. to write you a letter of reference online. (A) Submit your recommender's email address and name in the reference section of the application. (B) UNCF will email him/her a link to use to write your letter of reference online. (C) Tell your recommender to check his/her spam folder for an "Invitation to Serve as A Reference" email
- Log in to your UNCF account weekly, and check your "Landing Page" for scholarship and internship alert.
POWER OF POTENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Power of Potential Scholarship is offered to high school seniors who earn a grade point average of 3.0 or higher (unweighted). Successful applicants will show academic achievement, perseverance, and leadership. Priority consideration will be given to applicants with complete admissions applications and FAFSAs submitted on or before the annual deadline. The Power of Potential Scholarship is a last dollar scholarship designed to meet the direct cost of attendance. All federal and state aid (grants and loans) must be applied prior to the scholarship amount.
Power of Potential Scholarship Application Form