Lane College family,
As a result of the current rising spread of COVID-19, and future predictions, we are modifying the start for the 2021 Spring Semester. Please note the following:
- Classes will begin on January 4, 2021 in remote instruction delivery (online) through Blackboard Ultra, and remain remote until February 1, 2021.
- All students must log into all their classes on Blackboard and complete a mandatory assignment for each of the first three (3) weeks. Any student who fails to login Blackboard and complete the mandatory assignments in all their courses will be subject to administrative withdrawal from that course.
- Residential students must have a negative COVID-19 test dated after January 11, 2021
- Move in/Check in for Residential Students has been changed from January 3, 2021 to January 16, 2021. All residential students will be required to be in modified isolation January 16-31, 2021.
- Courses that have been scheduled as Face-to-Face will transition to in-person classes on February 1, 2021.
The 2021 Spring Academic Calendar Addendum is below.
Please have a safe and restorative winter break and practice WWSS (Wear your mask, Wash your hands, Social distance, and Self-check).
Office of Academic Affairs
SPRING 2021 (Revised Calendar Addendum)
1 - New Year’s Holiday/College Closed
3 - Select Populations of Move In
4 - College Opens at 8:00AM
4 - Faculty Return
4 - Classes Begin at 8:00AM (All classes will begin by online delivery. Students must login to all courses on Blackboard.)
4 - Late Registration Begins
6 - Final Grades due via CAMS (Decembermester)
6 - Final Syllabi and Blackboard Course Buildout Submitted Online to Division Chair and Office of Academic Affairs
8 - Spring College Assembly at 11:00AM
11 - Residential Students must have COVID-19 tests post this date
15 - Last Day to Initiate and Complete Registration & Add/Drop Classes
16 - All Student Move In/Check in
16 - 31 All Residential Students in Modified Isolation
18 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday/College Closed
19 - College Opens and Classes Resume at 8:00 AM (Classes continue by online delivery.)
19 - 100% of all charges assessed (including tuition/fees, and room/board) No adjustments for students who withdraw from the College after this date.
20 - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Chapel/College Assembly
29 - Last Day to Withdraw from a Class with a Grade of “W’ Begins
1 - Classes switch back to both Face-to-Face and online delivery.
ALL CHANGES ARE BOLD AND UNDERLINED